Friday, August 26, 2011

Ok so what happened?

Hi all, been a bit of a break since my last post. Those (very) few that have come out here might be wondering what happened? Well this happened:

Astral IT Solutions

Yep, those changes I hinted at near the beginning of the year, well that was it. I finally got fed up with where I was and pulled the trigger on starting up my own company. Of course I'd been toying with various ideas and mulling my future paths for a long time prior. In the end it came down to two things that made me jump the shark: 1) I kept seeing more new technology that, due to my position, I'd never get to dig into, 2) getting passed over and put under a sales person for head of IT was just a bit much on top of everything else I'd had to deal with for 14 years.


Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm proud of all that I accomplished at CCB and I wish them all the best. I learned so much and had a great time building a thriving company. However after being instrumental in making the company what it is now I felt that it was obviously time to move on ... so I did.

It has been a hectic process and things are still in flux but I'm happier than I ever have been. I'm building something that I can once again really dig into and succeed or fail, it's all mine.

So check out our site, it's pretty bare bones right now. Just a matter of having time to get more out there. We are also on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Give us a like or add us to your twitter feed. We will be posting more on them about cloud computing, virtualization, and related subject both from us and others in the industry.

Oh and check back too. I'll be re-posting some of my original blogs, some new stuff, and just a few rants on occasion. :D

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment